Hello, my lovely readers. It’s a brand new year and with it, I think now is as good a time as any to provide you with an update regarding my plans for Nigma Box in 2021 and my anticipated schedule. So with no further ado, allow me to jump straight to the big takeaway:
I will no longer be updating Nigma Box with one Review, Ramble, or short story every week. My schedule for these segments will be irregular throughout 2021 and for the foreseeable future
Since 2016, I have tried to keep the content output on Nigma Box consistent, with one Rundown every Sunday and one Review, Ramble, or short story every Wednesday. I am proud that I was able to retain a schedule like this for so long, but this will no longer be viable for me for three reasons:
- I am working more hours, limiting the amount of time I can invest into Nigma Box.
- My posts have become longer and more laborious than they were in previous years, and I cannot release 10,000 words of content on a weekly basis.
- Throughout 2021 I am going to be working on my next novel, Psycho Bullet Festival 2222. The production of this story will be a priority of mine, and in order to secure a planned 2022 release window, I need to dedicate a lot of time to writing and revising this project.
Because of these factors, Nigma Box’s update schedule will be far more unreliable going forward, but certain things will remain the same as always:
Sundays will be home to Rundowns, which will continue to be released on a weekly basis. Both as a pulse check to assure readers that I am still around and making content, and so I have an excuse to vent about the current going-ons in the games industry.
Wednesdays will be home to Reviews, Rambles, and short stories. I will release these on an ad hoc basis, and I may go several weeks without a Wednesday post, depending on how busy or inspired I am at the moment.
While I will not be updating Nigma Box in 2021 as much in prior years, I would like to share what I am planning for the upcoming year.
- I will continue to release Student Transfer Scenario Reviews every quarter, as they are among my most widely viewed content, and I enjoy the act of exploring what the Student Transfer community has to offer.
- Reviews of Press-Switch, Student Transfer, and P.D.A. – Personal Data Altercator will remain top priorities of mine, and I will try to get reviews out a few weeks after the release of new builds.
- A second review of re:Dreamer by Dream Team Studios will be released after the developers have overhauled the title’s introduction and added enough content and improvements to warrant a second review. I am foregoing a review until then, as I do not want to reiterate the same criticisms seen in my June 2020 review of Version 0.3.5.
- My 2019 novel, The Saga of Vincent Dawn, will be re-edited and released on Nigma Box. Like my previous novels, chapters will be released on a weekly basis on Fridays, starting on February 5, 2021, and ending on May 14, 2021.
- The Randoms series of short stories will be renamed to TSF Series and will be edited and revised throughout Q1 2021. These edits will polish the grammar and quality of my earlier stories, adopt a more uniform foreword and afterword structure, change the title, and replace the header images. The decision to rebrand this series was made because Random is a vague and confusing title that does not accurately convey what this series has become. An anthology series that explores more nuanced or complicated situations that feature a character undergoing a change in sex through some fantastical means, also known as Trans-Sexual Fantasy (TSF).
- Short stories set in the worlds of my novels Verde’s Doohickey, The Malice of Abigale Quinlan, Psycho Bullet Festival: The Odyssey of Abigale Quinlan, and Psycho Shatter 1985: Black Vice Re;Birth will be released throughout 2021.
- Detailed summaries for Verde’s Doohickey, The Malice of Abigale Quinlan, Psycho Bullet Festival: The Odyssey of Abigale Quinlan, and The Saga of Vincent Dawn will be released throughout 2021. This is being done to prepare for the release of Psycho Bullet Festival 2222 in 2022, which will directly reference events in and feature characters from all four of these novels.
- Psycho Shatter 1985: Black Vice Re;Birth will be re-edited in late 2021. I am doing this because I originally wrote this novel without the use of a grammar editor, and there are hundreds of grammatical errors in the version of the novel currently available on Nigma Box. A summary of the novel will also be released along with these re-edits.
Those are my major goals for 2021, and while I cannot promise anything due to how turbulent life has been as of late, I will strive to achieve all of these goals. In the meantime, thank you for reading and following Nigma Box.